DILISHA PATEL MSc BSc
PhD Student Computer Science, UCL Interaction Centre, Institute of Digital Health, University College London: April 2017- Present
Undertaking a studentship at the Institute of Digital Health, UCLIC. Exploring how we can design digital health interventions to support men whilst they are struggling to conceive.
Associated publications below.
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine: 2009 – 2010. MSc in Reproductive and Sexual Health Research.
Kings College University: 2006 – 2009 Biomedical Sciences BSc (Hons).
Reviewed Papers for:
Proc. ACM on Human-Computer Interaction (PACMHCI)
MSc Students Supervised:
Hsin Tung Ko- Distinction (2019)
Silvia Labianco- Distinction (2018)
Best Overall Oral Presentation 2019 – European Conference on Preconception Health and Care. (5000 kr)
Best Overall Poster Presentation 2017- EGA Institute for Women’s Health 12th Annual Scientific Conference. (£250)
The Rank Prize Funds; Mini Symposium on Developmental Programming for Human Disease: Preconception Nutrition and Lifelong Health, Grasmere. “What do women planning a pregnancy think of preconception care interventions?”
University College London, Research Associate: 2016 – 2017
- Low birth-weight in Newham: Definitions, Antecedents and Prevention funded by the Newham CCG / UCLPartners Partnership Programme, in collaboration with University of East London. Leading qualitative study on health professionals views, opinions and experience with low birth-weight and the development, implementation and evaluation of a co-designed intervention.
- Project Manager: Pilot study to explore the acceptability of health buddies supporting women with their pre-pregnancy health behaviours in Primary Care.
University College London, Research Assistant: 2012 – 2016
- Health Education England funded study on mobile interventions for women planning a pregnancy to improve preconception behaviours.
- Department of Health funded project, Pre-Pregnancy Health & Care in England (2012-2013)
- Developing preconception mhealth interventions
- Literature reviews
- Primary data collection: conducting surveys & in-depth interviews
- Transcribing interviews, and qualitative analysis, NVivo
- Quantitative data input, cleaning and management
- Quantitative descriptive data analysis, SPSS
- Multivariate analysis of data with STATA
- Development of study website
PARAS PSM, Government Medical College, Surat, India: March 2011-May 2011
- Worked with female sex workers and their children exploring their educational rehabilitation
- Composed study tools and carried out primary data collection: one to one interviews and questionnaires
- Prepared my results of qualitative data and ethnographic report, “My child won’t follow in my footsteps”.
MSc Dissertation: “What Factors Affect the Use of Contraception? Comparing the States of Himachal Pradesh and Meghalaya, India”
BSc Dissertation: “Why are high levels of anti-inflammatory cytokines indicative of poor prognosis in patients with severe sepsis?” and “The determinants of Pre-eclampsia”
Publications: See Research Projects
Link to my Google Scholar Profile: Dilisha Patel
CAREducation Trust, Trustee & Secretary: September 2010- Present
- Promoted to Charity Trustee in 2019.
- Coordinator since 2013 & Charity secretary since 2017.
- Vice-President of the CARE Youth Society since 2011
- International project management with grass root charities and organisations.
- Relationship management between, donors, stakeholders & local partners
- Provide technical & administrative support for the charity
- Fundraising events management and coordination
- Advisory for all supporters and collaborators of the charity
- Composing charity published literature & website management
- Project managed “The Rickshawalas” & raised £30,000
- Project managed “CARE Trek- Kilimanjaro 2013” & raised over £50,000
- English- 1st language.
- Gujarati- fluent in speaking and basic reading and writing.
- Hindi- basic speaking and understanding.